3.25.2009

Alphabet Crackers


We've been getting crafty at our house.  I'm always looking for more "hands on" learning activities and  I've found a definite winner--Alphabet Crackers!   We've done this one twice now.  I discovered it in the back of our Preschool Pencil-Pal Workbook (2008 School Zone Publishing Company) and my Lil Man loves to make these (and eat them!)

The Ingredients:
1/2 c. flour, 1/8 tsp. garlic salt, 2 T. sesame seeds (or flaxseed), 3 T. cold butter, and 2 T. ice water

The Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.  Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl and cut the cold butter into it.  Stir until crumbly then add ice water and mix into a ball.  Roll out pieces of the dough to form tubes about as wide as a pencil.  Create the letters of the alphabet and place them on a cookie sheet, flattening them slightly.  Bake for 15 min.  Let  'em cool and make names and words with the letters (quickly--before you eat them all!)  Have fun!


5 comments:

Rachel said...

You're such a good and fun mommy!

Anonymous said...

I think I found our Saturday baking surprise! Very cool, thanks for sharing =) See you soon as I know I'll be back!

Summer said...

What a cute idea!!!

As far as knitting goes....it's truly SUPER easy...and this is coming from someone with very little patience also. Well, I have ULTRA patience with kids....but, not for other things..haha

It's really quite easy to learn....and SO much fun...you should totally learn!!!

HAPPY THURSDAY!!!

Lipstick n Laddles said...

Thats so cool & cute!
Bless you for keeping the kids occupied with such wonderful & fun activities. =)

BTW, you can also put pancake batter on empty catsup squeeze bottle and let the kids make cute shapes & characters out of it (got the idea from Rachel Ray's show this morning)

Blessings,
Red

Joyful said...

Cute crackers!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Always nice to meet new friends. Notice that you have twins. I AM a twin, so I know the fun and joy you're experiencing and all that lies ahead. ;o)

Blessings to you,
Joy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape