1.09.2010

letter to my little one


Dear Baby Mine,


I feel your flutters, your kicks, your persistent reminders that you are anxious to meet your family.  Little hands press against my belly and little kisses assure you that you will be received with much love and anticipation.
Eight more weeks and I'll hold you; a masterpiece still wet from The Painter's handiwork.  Straight from the arms of Heaven into my own.



There's just something so miraculous about holding one who has been so close to Jesus.  I'll kiss you, smell the lingering scent of heaven, and trace the fingerprints of God on your soft skin.  Know this, my little one, that God, the One who forms you, is with you.  He takes great delight in you, he quiets you with his love, he rejoices over you with singing. {Zeph. 3: 17}


You are not an accident.  Never doubt that it's  for God's pleasure you exist and were created.  {Rev. 4: 11}  He loves you with an "everlasting love" {Jeremiah 31: 3}.  God dreamed your life into being.  The plans He has for you are full of wonder, limitless, brimming with hope and good measure {Psalm 139: 13-18, Jeremiah 29:11}.


You are His.  
We will treasure the brief time on this earth God has seen fit to loan you to us.


With a heart full of love and arms restless to hold you,


Your mommy

21 comments:

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

Balling my eyes out over this! Glory! Love & prayers to you precious friend! HALLELUJAH!!!!!Wylie

Mich said...

So sweet and beautiful...

Andrea said...

AMEN...how precious!
Blessings, andrea

Linda said...

It won't be too long now until you see your precious little one. This was a beautiful note.

May the remainder of your pregnancey go well and may you have an easy delivery.

God Bless!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Alleluiabelle said...

Oh my how my breath is taken away with such beauty, such precious words. God's gift of life is truly a miracle formed by His hand. You my sweet mommy have filled my heart so much today not only as a mother of two grown children but as a grandmother to four little ones.

Again...absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. Your sweet precious unborn baby is so lucky to have such a wonderful loving mommy such as you!

Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Faye said...

What a beautiful post.It will be here before you know it! It will be so lucky to have you as a mother! Have a great day! Blessings, Faye

Kristin said...

What a beautiful picture of you! I know your little one will already be starting out life with great blessings, with you as a Mommy! What a beautiful letter!

Laura McCann said...

How precious this post! I am teary remembering the wonder of a new tiny life and the potential it holds. You are fortunate to be so blessed with many little ones to sweeten your life and how blessed your babies to have such a proud and precious mama, who loves them so very much!

Stephanie said...

This is so beautiful, I have tears in my eyes! What a blessing to have another little one :)

Mikalah said...

How exciting. I can't wait to see pictures of your new little one and find out what gorgeous name you decide on!

Unknown said...

So sweet! I can't wait to meet your new little one too!!

Genny said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog today so I could find your site and read your touching words. You are a wonderful mommy. :)

Best,
Genny

Traci Michele said...

LOVE it! So very sweet and precious!

Hugs,
Traci

christy rose said...

That was just beautiful Joye!

Heather said...

Beautiful...that's all I can say

{darlene} @ fieldstonehill said...

Joye! Oh, how God has BLESSED you with a tremendous gift for writing.
I loved this post, and how it made me ponder the births of my own precious ones.
-Darlene

Summer said...

Oh Joye...what beautiful words to your little angel...that child is so blessed to have a mommy that loves the Lord with ALL her heart. Sending love your way!!!

Catherine Anne said...

Many tears!!! This is beautiful!!!

Holly said...

This is a beautiful letter!!

Angela said...

You have twins! Having twins is such an amazing blessing! I noticed you're considering the name Abel for your baby. That is the name of my 3 year old son. :-)

In Christ,
Angela

Anonymous said...

BEEEEAUTIFUL!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape