4.10.2010

blog partyin'

Ultimate Blog Party 2010

It's party time!
And I'm not just referring to the all nighters us mommy's pull with our little partyin' people.
My newest loves to rock and roll all night and party all the time. ^_^

No, this is a party for us.  A blogger bash!

I've been blogging for a little over a year.  
And what's surprised me the most about this entire experience are the friends I've met.
Wonderful, beautiful, encouraging people.
Last year, I jumped head first into 5 Minutes for Mom's Ultimate Blog Party and had a blast meeting and connecting with other bloggers.
I couldn't resist another party.
Especially one I can go to in my pj's.

I started day dreaming (something I do often while nursing my wee one between the hours of midnight and four in the morning--is it still called day dreaming if it's at night but you're awake?)  Anyways, I got lost in thought about what kind of party I would have in real life  (you know, in all my spare time of raising four kids four and under).

If I could host the perfect party and invite every one of my friends (blogging and non-blogging), now would be the time to do it--while spring is sprightly green and there's a fair weather feeling in the air.   And the perfect theme?  Liberty of London for Target.  I am in love with these florals.  In love.


It would be a lawn party.
Little tables brimming with spring wildflowers and laden with cupcakes.



  We would sip orange, jasmine, and passionfruit green tea from this liberty tea set.  
All while enjoying easy company and delightful conversation.

And I would be wearing this Liberty dress.
 (which looks a little bit like the dress I'm wearing in the post below)
Mmmhmm.  It would be lovely.

Oh why can't the world be just a little bit smaller?
But since it isn't small, and you don't live in my backyard, I'm inviting you to party with me anyways : )
Blog style.
Jump in with us and check out the cool prizes you can win just by partyin' at 5 Minutes for Mom.com

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

here for the party-I enjoyed reading your post. I'm having fun blog hopping. :)

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

I'm lovin the Liberty of London line as well. AND....orange, passionfruit, jasmine green tea is my fave! :)

Smiles,
Rachel

Lauren said...

you're too much fun!! I so wish I could be in your backyard ... we must make this happen some day!! :)

ps - I think you and I have similar style because I adore that dress!!!

Mich said...

what fun your party would be! Love all the beautiful pictures of our would be lawn party.

Happy weekend!

Michelle said...

Now that's my idea of a GREAT Party!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

*UBP 2010*

carissa said...

i'd love to come to your lawn party. it would be a great excuse to buy a new liberty dress (i say that like i have a whole collection of them, but alas, i have none!)!!! i might just have to hop on this blog train. happy weekend, sweet gal!

Niki Jolene said...

Hello, I'm here for the party!

My name is Niki and I am your newest reader. I look forward to reading on to get to know you better.

Come on by and visit me during the party; I'm hosting a giveaway you won't want to miss!

http://free2befrugal.blogspot.com/2010/04/ultimate-blog-party-10.html

Unknown said...

I love cupcakes too!
Love your blog and really enjoyed my visit.
I think this is my 3rd year. Not sure but really enjoy meeting new bloggers.
Great prizes this year! I hope you win one..or two.
I was late too but fashionable late for the UBP 2010.

Bridgette said...

Stopping in from the UBP to say HI! :)

Erica said...

i want to come to your party (but if it's outside can we make sure there are no wasps?? there sure are a lot of bugs in the south! ;))

BARBIE said...

I am having a blast at this party. So glad you joined in! Blessings!

Rachel said...

Love your blog! Your photos are gorgeous! We also have a number of kids close in age... looking forward to reading more about you and your family

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

That would be a party I would love to attend. :) I love the Liberty of London line from Target as well. I saw it in the store last month and fell in love. Then I came home and blogged about it. haha

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

This is my first year 'attending' the Ultimate Party... wow... there are so many blogs to check out! I am looking forward to connecting with lots of new wonderful people... just like you!! So glad to have 'met' you through blogging.
~Jennifer

Jenn said...

WOW those cupcakes look good!! :)

Hope you are having fun at the UBP!

Jenni ("Miss Tutu")
My UBP blog post: How to Make a Tutu blog - hope you will stop by and say hi! :) and Mom Blogger $100 Cash Contest

Kristin said...

I am so in love with that Target line too! I found this awesome box with their floral print on it and that's what I put all of my friend's baby shower gift in for her shower. It was so pretty and she can use the box for the nursery. My friend at church wore that dress on Easter and I loved it! I wish you really could have a party.....I would drive over to your state and visit you! :D

Abbey said...

that looks like fun, and those cupcakes look perfect! I know, Ive been eyeing the all the new clothes at Target, but you know they dont let you take the buggy in the dressing room anymore! What are you supposed to do put your baby on the floor???? oh well, i can always just look!

Carrie said...

Happy partying at the UBP! come over and visit us at Little Llamas..
www.littlellamas.com

Maria said...

Stopping by from UBP to say hello and enjoy all the yumminess in your post :)

Theresa said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog for the UBP10 ~ you have a lovely blog and I ADORE all the mint pictures. Beautiful!

Blessings,
Theresa

Mimi N said...

I would love coming to your party! It seems soooo girly and frilly. It would be totally different from any party I would host. LOL I miss those hours of thinking when nursing your baby in the middle of the night. So long ago!

~Mimi @ Woven by Words
http://wovenbywords.blogspot.com/2010/04/ultimate-blog-party-5-minutes-for-mom.html

giggling kids said...

I am stopping by from the Ultimate Blog Party!I am your newest follower, and I Love your blog! Please visit my blog when you get the chance. http://www.gigglingkids.blogspot.com

Bethany said...

Just stopping by from the UBP! You have a beautiful blog and even more beautiful family :) I enjoyed getting to know you!

Bethany
http://confessionsofachosenone.blogspot.com/

Carrie said...

I'm over from the after-party! So nice to "meet" you! I'll be featuring you in my post. Enjoyed browsing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape