9.02.2010

the poems that find you

copyright: Orissa Kent, image protected by copyscape

My lovely neighbor friend blew in with a rare breeze in this stagnant southern heat.  And with her, she brought the winds of inspiration.  On a picture of sunny poppies, were these fragments and phrases of words cut out of books.  And if you're a book lover like me, that sentence alone likely gave you a heart attack.

"It's a found poem," she told me, and I read it aloud.

"Discovery of a Living Valley... Life is clad in gentle colors.  "The air...is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious.", the words washed over my spirit, awakening my senses.

How many poems are there just waiting to be found?  Hidden in "living valleys", cloaked in dense life-giving air.  They're in the moments we miss if we're not looking,  the seconds that slip into years unaware.  

Yes, the valleys are just as tremendous as the view from the mountaintops.
Life is in the poems that find you.

I finished reading the last line aloud, "for those who have eyes to see, are beloved of God."

Open my eyes, God.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Simply delightful wrapped in sunshine poppies and a friend's love. I'm going to go lookin' for my own "found poem" Words hidden in my day waiting to be discovered and captured in print.

happy day,
Sara

Kristin said...

Beautiful poem! It inspires me to grab a magazine and see what I can put together. This would be a great exercise for my oldest.....I bet she would love it! Thanks for sharing, Joye! Hope Kindergarten adjusting is going better :)

Unknown said...

What a blessing and beautiful reminder this post was - I love that last line too! :-)

Lauren said...

that is absolutely beautiful! I love poppies and poetry ... so that's sheer brilliance! You have such a wonderful friend! Thank you so much for sharing this with us! :)

Mich said...

Beautiful...

Toyin O. said...

Open our eyes Jesus to see all that you are doing around us. Great post.

http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

Rebekah said...

Oh Open my eyes Jesus!! I want to see more and more of you!

Unknown said...

What a cool "found" poem!

Coby said...

Just lovely, and inspiring!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape