10.25.2010

my birthweekend


This month has been a whirlwind!  The weekend before last was my birthday and it was amazing!  We celebrated all weekend long!  On Friday my honey took me out to eat at our favorite restaurant, Kona Grill, and we had the most wonderful meal.  We laughed like two school kids over jokes and stories and it felt so good to just be together.  Then he took me to the mall and let me browse for two hours (I say "browse" because it usually takes me almost two hours before I can convince myself to buy anything! ha!)  He really loves me.  A lot.

Then, on Saturday, the girls in our youth group threw me a surprise birthday party!  I have to say, it was nothing less than amazing!  Georgia and Rebecca came to my house earlier that morning and cleaned my entire house, baked me a pretty cake, made me a banner, fixed yummy red beans and rice for the party, invited some of the youth group, and then surprised my socks off!!  I really, really love these guys.  God has blessed us with some wonderful youth leaders and young people with a desire to serve Him!  It's just so incredible to watch them grow in the grace of God and so humbling to be a recipient of their servant hearts!

Of course, such a wonderful weekend couldn't end on Saturday.  We celebrated my birthday again on Sunday at my mother in love's house with a delicious fresh strawberry cake and seafood gumbo!  It was the most incredible birthday weekend.  

I feel so very loved and not one bit older.
And that is the way every birthday should be.

15 comments:

Coby said...

I love that last line about feeling loved and not one bit older. I'm going to remember that since my birthday is in (GASP!) 18 days!

So glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday weekend!

Free Pretty Things For You said...

happy b late-ted birthday my dear!!
May our Lord bless you with MANY More!!!
xoxo
keren

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

i'm so glad to hear that you had a wonderful weekend!! you deserve every moment of it.

Cherish Stockdale said...

Happy birthday! what a wonderful day!

PaisleyJade said...

Happy Birthday Joye - your young people are amazing!!

BARBIE said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!

Jill said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! May you have a blessed year!

Lauren said...

AWW! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It sounds WONDERFUL! :) You're right - just how a birthday should be!:)

Annie said...

Hooray for birthdays! I'm so thrilled I've found your blog... I can tell I'm going to love it!

(P.S.~ This has nothing to do with your post, but have you read "The Hidden Art of Homemaking"? Sounds old-fashioned and cheesy, but it's lovely. I thought I'd recommend!)

jenna said...

Hey Joye! I found your blog through the comment you left on Annie's blog! Happy birthday! I'm also in youth ministry, so I figured I would head over here to your blog, and I am so glad I did! (I read the "You are Beautiful" post. God has been speaking those truths to me a lot lately. Thank you for being another way He reminded me.)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Joye!!!
So nice to be loved eh?

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Happy Birthday to you! So glad you were blessed by those you love!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I just found your blog and I'm really enjoying it!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday ! :)

Kristin said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birthday. I'm so happy to hear from you, that God placed you right where you desired to be, and I know that you are such a great mentor to the youth at your church! You inspire me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape