12.18.2012

Prince of PEACE






"The people who walk in darkness
      will see a great light.
   For those who live in a land of deep darkness,
      a light will shine...

 For a child is born to us,
      a son is given to us.
   The government will rest on his shoulders.
      And he will be called:
     Wonderful Counselor
     Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father
    Prince of Peace."

                           ~Isaiah 9: 2, 6


My Dearest Jesus,

You offer me peace.

In the last minute hustle of merry Christmas shopping,  
When clerks are rude and we rush without stopping.  
In the frantic holiday baking and the merry present making.  
When my house is a mess and my sinus is dripping... 

You offer me peace.

In my mad dash of wrapping and secretive stashing.
When my kids eat all the candy and are driving me batty.
Through stubborn winter colds and piles of dirty clothes.
When the husband works late and the babies stay awake.

You offer me peace.

Hands held out, Your gift to me.

And I receive you with joy.

My Prince.

My Peace.


*reposted from two years ago.. oh, how I needed this reminder

P.S.  I'm sharing over at Beautifully Rooted today--an oldie but goodie :)

6 comments:

Contemplating Beauty said...

I love that we have poetry in common Joye, this is so beautiful and sweet, reflects your heart for our precious Lord. You bless me.

xo

PaisleyJade said...

So good!! Love!

mandi said...

This is wonderful. You are so right on. I mean, you could be describing my home- piles of laundry, drippy sinuses, kids that are cranked out on sugar, mommy that is sleep deprived. But in it all, we do have such a sweet peace in Jesus.
Also- that scripture has been my hear this advent season. i have so been identifying with Jesus as our Light. Praying for Him to break through the darkness that has swallowed this world.

vintage grey said...

Wishing you and your precious family a Merry Christmas!! Sending you sweet joy and peace this week! Blessings and love, Heather

BARBIE said...

Beautiful my friend! Merry Christmas.

Melanie said...

joye, i love this post. thank you for sharing your heart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Do ask. Do tell.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape